Monday, February 25, 2013

A Cool Find

As I continue my search for unique pieces to add to my sister's house, I found and fell in love with this oak cabinet with lead-glass panels. All of twenty-five bucks from a thrift shop, it's quite a find for a piece of old-world glamour that belongs off every kitchen --to have drinks placed upon or to store plates, pictures or any of your favorite things.

Guessing by its' original patina, this piece was made quite a few years ago. And like most furniture of a bygone era, was crafted with quality. I didn't have to do much but give it a good wipe of a rag and Murphy's wood soap. Its original wood charm shines through. I reinforced the antique glass with a little glue, just to be safe. And voilĂ ... a new life and purpose to a beautiful piece of vintage furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment